Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Ex Makes an Appearance

My Mother went to the hairdresser yesterday and while she was having her hair shampooed she heard a familiar voice saying, “Are you going to cut it all off? Die it red?” She looked up to see my ex being his usual joking self. My ex sees to the same hairdresser as my mother. Yes, you heard that right – they have same stylist (can you see why at one point I questioned whether he might be gay?)

Anyway, he seem very jovial and back to his hyper self. I was happy to hear this because the other times my Mom has run into him he appeared somewhat morose. I would much rather he be happy in life as it alleviates the guilt… well not too happy. :-P My Mom said he was looking rather bum-ish which is unusual as he is very concerned about his looks. He had long hair and a big beard. Of course, he made sure to point out to the hairdresser not to cut too much off since his girlfriend likes it long. Obviously, mentioning the girlfriend was very much for my Mom’s benefit, knowing full well she would report back to me.

I didn’t know he had a new girlfriend. I’m happy he has found someone else, but I’m always fearful that he will get married and/or have kids before me. I know it’s not a competition, but I still would feel like I had lost the fictional game that is being played in my head.

He asked about me and seemed genuinely happy that I was doing well. My mother was ready to tell him I had the most wonderful boyfriend should he ask, but the subject didn’t come up. My Mom cracks me up!

No comments: