Monday, May 19, 2008

The Smart Guy in Class

For those of you who haven’t followed my calculus saga, it went a little like this:
Calculus version 1 – I had know idea what was going on and abandoned the class about two thirds of the way through
Calculus version 2 – Things were much clearer and I definitely understood most of the concepts but still failed by a few points.
Calculus version 3 – So far classes are so boringly simple since most of the information I’ve already done twice. Ugh.

Last semester (version 2), I had a couple guys in my class who knew all the answers. They knew how to do the work before the prof even explained the concept! They amazed me and I thought they must be very intelligent. Fast forward to calculus version 3 – this time, I’m the one with all the answers and most classes seem to be a individual discussion between the professor and I as no one else participates. It finally hit me; the guys in my last class weren’t smart! They were just taking the class for the third time!

No comments: