Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The case of the missing roommate

I haven’t seen my newest roommate in about a week. Her car hasn’t moved and her toothbrush is still in its toothbrush holder. Should I be worried? I don’t know much about her, but from what she told me she needed a room to rent because she broke-up with her boyfriend and wanted to move out of his place. I guess it’s possible she has a new boyfriend and is staying with him... it just seems a little odd. Don’t get me wrong, I love the peace and quiet, I’m just a little concerned. I guess if my house starts smelling like decomposing flesh I’ll go check her room for a body.

In other news, I have found a second roommate. I actually haven’t met him yet, but he called on Sunday saying he wanted to rent the room as he was moving from Halifax. He gave me references and sent the damage deposit via email transfer immediately. I usually go with my gut when choosing a roommate so it’s a bit of a challenge when I haven’t met the person. Let’s just hope that if he turns out to be a crazy killer that someone will check for my body!


...

No comments: