Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Human Pincushion Experiment


Well, the injections have begun and this whole process is actually happening. I gave myself my first injection of drug A (Suprefact) on Tuesday and so far, so good. I’ve given myself 5 injections so far and only have 62 injections left! Yeehaw! I’ll continue drug A for another week and will then add two more drugs: B (Gonal-F) and C (Luveris). By then I’ll be on 5 injections/day.

I’ve been dealing with everything pretty well, although Mr Perfect says I have some serious mood swings. I’m not sure he’s right, but I was high as a kite when he picked me up from work the other days and then bawling 15 minutes later... but I’m still not convinced. :-P

Work is still going ok, although I had a really rough time last week.  I’m glad I’m only working a short week this week. I needed a break!

Pacha’s surgery is set for next Wednesday so I’ll be sure to update you on her progress. I’m pretty confident it’s all going to go smoothly.


No comments: