Friday, November 14, 2008

It Turns Out I Was Right!

Remember that whole practical exam fiasco where I had no idea what I did wrong? Well, after meeting with the course director and the nurse evaluating me, it turns out she had not evaluated me properly. My score went from a 65% to an 85% - quite the difference.

Essentially, what happened was, I contaminated an instrument without realising it at the beginning of the procedure and lost a point there. However, since I kept using the instrument, she kept deducting points every time I used it. Now, if this were the real world, then yes, using a contaminated instrument on a patient would be a BIG no-no, but since this was an exam, I did not make 10 errors, but only one.

Her reaction and meanness was still very much uncalled for, but that's another issue. I’m just happy to know that I didn’t make a ton of errors without realising it. It had seriously shaken my confidence. I mean, when you get blasted like that when you think you did quite well, you start to wonder if anything you are doing is right. But it’s all good now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good stuff!!

I think Nurse Nasty has to get an attitude adjustment.