Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ugh

I had a horrible exam on Friday. It was a practical exam and I still don’t understand what I did wrong. The nurse who was evaluating started yelling at me saying she had never seen such incompetence. I was completely caught off guard because I had been practicing and didn’t even know I was doing anything wrong. :-( Every time I would ask her why such and such was wrong she would say it wasn’t done in the order on her sheet. When I answered, yes, I understand that isn’t the order on your sheet, but I would like to understand the justification behind the order… then she would get even more pissed. It was horrible and I was crying when I left. Turns out almost everybody cries when they get her.

What I find particularly upsetting is the way she berated me. There was no need for it. Nursing students are quitting left and right because of the stress, they don’t need any more reason to leave… especially with the nursing shortage

2 comments:

dinah34 said...

oh my, she does sound horrible. i would have burst into tears a million times.

big hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

We are not all this way!!!!You should never been treated in this manner. I have been a nurse for 23 years and beleive me I have seen this behavior more than once, but now there are laws that protect you from this type of ABUSE. Check with your human resource contact for guidance and just remember people that have to act this way lead a pathetic life.Don't let this ruin your career. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Fivexm