Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's that time of year again

I’ve come to the conclusion that I date once a year… usually in November/December. In the last 5 years I’ve always had someone I was “seeing” during those months.

Anyway, as you might have guessed, I’m dating someone. Actually, I’m not sure if we’re dating, but we’ve been out three times. Believe it or not, I actually don’t have any issues with this guy! Can you believe it? He doesn’t live with his parents, has a job, isn’t a virgin, has been in a long-term relationship in the past, isn’t a sex-crazed maniac and hasn’t been snipped. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you’ll have to read my previous posts because I’ve dated guys with every one of those “issues”. Ugh.

We went to high school together, although we didn’t know each other at the time. We have taken eerily similar paths in life: both were in 8 year relationships that ended in 2004, both engaged, both returned to school for a career change in recent years, both bought our house in 2007 (two streets from each other), both haven’t had too many long term relationships since 2004.

So what’s the problem? You knew it was coming… didn’t you? Three dates and still no kiss. I’m not really sure he’s into me. For our second date we went bowling and after, came to my place for a drink. We ended up watching a movie I had rented. After he left without even a “is he going to kiss me” moment, I figure we wouldn’t see each other again. But then he suggested we go see a movie last night. Same thing last night. We went to his place after the movie and sat on his couch listening to music, talking and still nothing. There was the momentary knee-to-knee touch, which my friend Kevin says is about as meaningful as having someone step on your toe. So I’m really not sure what to make of it. Sure, I’ve had dates where we didn’t kiss, but there was always a sort of high schoolish tension going on… like both parties are wondering when to make their move. But with this guy, it’s like he’s my buddy I should be giving him a high five at the end of the night.

1 comment:

dinah34 said...

i hope that things get sorted out with this guy. he sounds like a great catch...