Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sprintime Méli-Mélo

I haven’t been updating because it’s been so busy lately. Here’s a hodgepodge of what’s going on in my life.

Home Life

After almost two months of searching for a roommate, I finally found someone a little over a week ago. I can say that I’m really happy to have that weight lifted off my shoulders… but I can’t stand the guy! I’m calling the new guy Big Rig because that’s what he drives… and that’s what takes over my street when he parks it in front of my house. He’s in his late 20’s and going through a divorce. He needed a place for a few months to get his “stuff” together. He’s a talker and insists on chatting away while I try to study or do homework. The fact that I don’t comment the whole time he is complaining about his difficult situation hasn’t clued him in that I am not interested! I’m thinking of wearing earplugs and pretending I don’t hear him when he talks to me.

Work Life

Still working at the restaurant on weekends and still wish I didn’t have to. I pretty much have my summer job lined up with the hospital. Since I have to do a clinical all of June (but am off May, July and August), it’s a bit tricky to work around.

School Life
I’ll be done school in exactly one month! Today is the first day I’ve had a small reprieve from all my exams. I have a few less stressful days and then I jump back in for my finals. Overall, I’m doing fairly well, but I can tell I don’t have the stamina I did before Christmas. However, I think everyone is feeling the crunch.

Summer School Life

I found out today I have to do two classes during the Spring/Summer term: chemistry and psych. I knew there was a good chance I wouldn’t get credited for the two chemistry classes I did last year and would have to do another chemistry class, but I figured psych would be covered no problem. I’ve done four psych classes in the past (first year and second year classes), but apparently they are not equivalent to this one first year class. I was so pissed off when I heard this! Frack. That means dishing out another 1000$ in May, plus having three hour classes on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. PLUS, these classes are going to creep over into my clinical in June. I’ll likely be losing my mind during the first two weeks of June!

You know what? You would think that having an eight year relationship with a psych major AND seeing a psychologist on an almost yearly basis for most of my adult life would count for something!

Love Life

Still seeing Mr. Maybe. I’ve decided I will not enter into any “dangerous” conversations until after my exams. For now, it’s the status quo.


...

No comments: