Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Killing them softly with sweetness

This morning I emailed the clinical coordinator to apologise for my unprofessional behaviour in her office yesterday. I told her even though I was upset, I had no right to yell at her and she didn’t deserve my total melt down. Well, maybe niceness paid off because she responded to my email saying she appreciated my comment and that I had every right to be upset. She added that I shouldn’t despair because she was trying to find a solution. And guess what? She did!!!! What a freakin’ relief! I will now be doing my first clinical rotation in neurology starting next week and finish off with the community health bloc. Phew! All is right in the world again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly Moly... Sounds like you are getting the things you want.. but do we always have to have Melt Downs and Tears along the way??

Kevie

Vitatta said...

Thank goodness for that! I'm happy things worked out for you. I know all about things going wrong with the nursing program. :( I had issues with a couple instructors and my college (if you remember the story) and now I can't go back there and I can't go to another college/uni to finish up. I was one year away from my degree and now I have to give it up. :( But thank goodness for those people who actually listen and take you seriously! Good luck with the remainder of it!

Changa said...

True. But it was completely out of my control.