Thursday, January 21, 2010

The mystery boy in the picture

My Mom has had a framed family picture on her mantel for 17 years now. It’s a picture taken at the airport of our family and my brother-in-law’s family. It was taken when my sister and her husband moved back to the province after a two-year stint in Alberta. The picture has a special place as it’s one of the last pictures of my father. My brother-in-law comes from a rather large family of 7 with lots of nieces and nephews. I know some of them, but certainly not all, so it’s never really been a surprise that I could never identify a few of the kids in the picture (there was about a dozen in that particular picture).

I found out not so long ago that one of the boys in the picture actually isn’t family... although, I guess you could say he could potentially be MY family someday – it’s Mr. Perfect’s younger brother! How weird is that? Mr. Perfect’s brother was friends with my brother-in-law’s nephew and I guess he tagged along for the ride to the airport that day. Hah! How weird that my potential future brother-in-law would have a prominent spot in my family home for half of my life. Life sure is strange sometimes.


...

No comments: