Monday, January 11, 2010

Real Men Don’t Learn to Run

I seemed to have peaked Mr. Perfect’s interest with the idea of running an international half-marathon or marathon. He’d also like to do it for a cause like the Team Diabetes run I did a few years back. Although he was blessed with a runner’s physique (tall and lean), Mr. Perfect is not a runner. Since he’s interested in training I decided we could start out the New Year with a little running. We’re not calling it Learn to Run... we’re calling it building a base. Of course, we’re using the Learn to Run techniques... but don't tell him that. :-P

We went out for our first run tonight. The first 2 minutes set was brutal! I was trying to run really fast, thinking my normal speed would be too slow for his long legs, but it was killing me. I was quite happy to hear he also found those first two minutes tough. We slowed down for the following sets and the rest went really well. I’m so excited to be out running with Mr. Perfect! He even said it was fun (minus the cold).

No comments: