Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Now available in single portions

Yup, I’m single again! MAG (mystery airport guy) just wasn’t feeling it. I’m cool with it though because I really wasn’t sure I was feeling it either. I mean, I had fun with him, he was a really nice guy, there was chemistry and attraction, but there just wasn’t that WOW factor. To be honest, I’m a bit relieved. I realise this is going to sound absurd (you must be used to my absurdity by now), but I keep thinking that when I meet the one there will be an obvious WOW factor within the first month. Since the WOW just wasn’t there with MAG, but he had so many of the qualities I am looking for, I thought maybe I wasn’t meant to have a WOW moment, you know? No WOW made me a little sad.

Here’s the thing, I already “know” the guy I’m going to marry (again with the absurd). Have you ever gone shopping for an outfit and when the sales clerk asked want you were looking for you said you didn’t know, but you would recognise it when you saw it? That’s how I feel. I feel like I know certain things about the guy… I don’t think it’s wishful thinking either. For one thing, he’s French. He also has siblings (or sibling) with whom he is rather close. Plus, he wants kids as much as I do. I know some people might think I’m setting myself up for disappointment or that I’m closing myself off to other potential mates, but that’s really not the case. I’ll still date a non-French guy and I’ll still date an only child and will completely open myself up to the possibility of love, but my gut just tells me otherwise. It always has… ever since I was young… it’s like I know him without knowing him.

MAG was an only child so I’m not surprised that it didn’t work out. Hah! I kid, I kid.

The single thing is all good. I’m glad I’m starting school again without having to worry about squeezing in time for a boy. If I am going to date someone they need to understand that school, unfortunately, comes first and that they might have to be stronger then I am and not see me if I’m trying to avoid studying. Plus, having dated someone for a month or so did some good to my moral. I was feeling so very lonely before the holidays and this really gave me a little boost. I feel like I’ve been slightly energised and can happily deal with being alone again for a good 6 to 8 months. :-)

No comments: