Friday, February 23, 2007

Favourite Running Quotes

In the last few months I have been collecting motivational quotes to add to my weekly clinic emails. No matter how often I read them, some still inspire me. The following are a few of my favourites.

“You are tomorrow what you believe today.”

“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.”
- John Bingham

"I have met my hero, and he is me."
- George Sheehan

“We are different, in essence, from other runners. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon.”
- Emil Zatopek

"In my mind I am Kenyan"

“I’ll keep running because it’s good for my marriage. I don’t know if I get cranky when I don’t run or if my husband becomes more annoying when it rains.”
- Asics

“Everyone is an athlete. The only difference is that some of us are in training, and some are not.”
- George Sheehan, M.D

“Resolve to laugh, smile – and run at your own pace with like-minded enthusiasts to cheer you on. That’s the new breed of marathoner.”

"When I finish a run, every part of me is smiling."
- Jeff Galloway

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever"
- Lance Armstrong

"Be like a postage stamp; stick to one thing until you get there."
- Josh Billings

“Running is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed.”
- Charles Schulz, Peanuts Comic Strip Creator

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
- Mark Twain

"Tough times don't last but tough people do."
- A.C. Green

"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open."
- Nike

"Those who think they can, and those who think they can't, are both right".

"Pain is temporary. Pride is forever."

"You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming."
- Frank Shorter

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
- Doug Larson

3 comments:

Suzie said...

Sigh. These quotes make me feel embarrassed that I stopped running. Maybe they'll motivate me to start again...

Changa said...

Doooooo it!

Changa said...

Oh, and don't feel embarrassed that you stopped running - I mentally quit about four times a day (seven if I'm actually running that day).