Monday, February 12, 2007

The mind of a nine-year old

Yesterday was my 31st birthday and I got a wonderful gift from my nine-year old nephew Sébastien. My sister said he decided he would get me a birthday gift all on his own. After carefully reading every card he finally selected a very nice one that he felt was the best choice. Then, on to the gift. He spent quite some time at the store finding the perfect present. After some time had passed and he was still struggling to find something that was just right, he resolved to ask his Mother for some guidance. She suggested body wash. He was happy to tell me that he had to smell ALL the soaps (six to be exact) and after concluding that coconut was indeed the ickiest, he chose a nice mango scented body wash. Excellent selection!

He finally gets to the car with his new purchase, convinced his efforts will be appreciated. However, that's when he asks his Mother... who's birthday is it again?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy belated!!!

Raquel said...

Buahahaha... don't you just love kids?

Happy Birthday!!

Suzie said...

Ha! I see gift-giving habits in males start early! He sounds like a sweetie...