Tuesday, February 6, 2007

I'll have a double double please

Sunday was the first time I experience my teaching world and student world colliding. I had to run with a Learn to Run group for 25 minutes or so and THEN do my own training. It was a challenge finding the motivation to do 7 km after I had already done almost 3 km. The thing that kept me motivated was that Christine was running with me. We haven’t run together in quite a while and I feel completely disconnected. We would have such great talks on our long runs and I really miss it. Hopefully she will be doing more Sunday long runs in the future.

Tonight is supposed out be my half-marathon clinic, but I'm opting out. I need a break from the cold! I have no choice but to do my Sunday, Monday and Wednesday runs (I have to be there for my students) so I feel a little more lenient with my Tuesday clinic. It’s not good for my training. Right now I’m trying to motivate myself to go to the Y!

No comments: