Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Faking the Run

I went for a fake run tonight. I had my half-marathon clinic and quite frankly I’m not enjoying it so much. I’m always the last one in on all the runs and always have to run alone. It sucks being last… but it sucks even more when you realize you took a clinic to meet other runners but are still running alone.

So tonight I decided to fake it. I got completely dressed up for a run (toque, mittens, tights and all), got in my car, drove to the grocery store and bought myself a bag of two-bite brownies.

Then I proceeded to drive around town, eating my brownies and listening to some good tunes while my class was taking place. I did this with absolutely no intention of going to the class. I’m not sure who I was hiding from or what I was trying to prove by getting dressed anyway, but somehow, I felt less guilty.


After the bag of brownies was empty, I headed back home, satisfied with tonight’s workout.

No comments: