Sunday, February 18, 2007

Motivate me

I’m already halfway through teaching my running clinic and I know I’ll miss my group when I’m done. I wish I could lead another clinic in the spring, but with my own training I don’t think I could manage it. This week’s talk is on motivation. The irony is, what motivates me these days is this group of women! When you’ve been running for a while, it’s a challenge to get excited about milestones you’ve already passed. The first time I ran 10 km was extremely thrilling, but now it’s just another run. However, with this group, every milestone is a thrill. This week we ran 3 km and I was so proud of them! I wish I could bottle their enthusiasm and sell it… I would make a fortune.

1 comment:

DerekTheRunner said...

I don't know how to motivate you, but I sure don't like to see a post like that without comments. I think you are doing amazing. You sure are doing more about running your behind off this year than I am. I keep saying that I am running the Half in Vancouver in May, then I go and take over a week off doing nothing last week and part of the one before that. Please not I am back on track now for a few days. I guess life's goodness goes in cycles. I am trying to lose about 40 pounds by summertime and run another Marathon in Kelowna this fall (maybe for Team D, but probably not).

I hope you feel better soon. I know that doesn't help you, but I assure you that you aren't the only guilty eater out there. Yestday I picked up a dozen wings and ate them all. Good thing I hadn't eaten much else yesterday.