Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas is almost here!

I’m generally a Scrooge when it comes to Christmas. I hate how the holiday seems more about buying presents then about spending time with family and friends. This year I’m kinda into it… maybe it’s because I have a house now and can decorate it. Plus, with exams almost over (one to go) I’m in a more celebratory mood. Here are a few pictures of my tree and a few favourite ornaments.


My very first ornament as a child


I love this guy! You press a button on his tummy and he says tee-hee!


I love angels




As mentioned in an earlier post, the mystery airport guy bought me a gift on our first date. Yesterday was our second date and he bought me another gift! I’m not quite sure what to make of all these gifts, but gift-giving is probably not the worst habit to have, right? Anyway, here is a picture of the ornament he bought. You gotta love Cookie Monster in the background. Hah!



The date went really well. We went out for supper... fought over paying the bill (he won… after we almost ripped the bill in two) and then went to a comedy club for amateur night. At first the local comedians were really bad, but by the third one it got better. We have plans for tomorrow night.

I know it seems like such a minor thing, but I enjoyed that he actually argued with me to pay the bill. I had organized the evening so I had decided I would pay for it and kinda expected him not to argue. Maybe it’s because I date a lot of “modern day” guys or maybe they are just cheap, but I’m used to either going 50/50 for everything or end up picking up the tab. I kinda like being taken care of. I’ve also noticed, since working at Cora’s, just how rare the women pick up the tab! I actually found it quite surprising.

No comments: