Thursday, December 6, 2007

Date numero uno will lead to numero dos

Last night I had my date with mystery airport guy. We were supposed to meet for a coffee, but decided to meet for supper instead. We went to a little Italian restaurant. The evening went really well. We talked a lot and laughed a lot so I think that’s good. He even bought me a gift! I had told him about my snow adventure from the previous day and he had seen a little snowman that said, let it snow on it and thought of me. However, when he went back to get the “let it snow” snowman, it was no longer there, so he got me a different one. How sweet is that? Here’s a picture... yes, I’m a geek; I took a picture! But my blog is seriously lacking visual content as of late.


We stayed at the restaurant for a couple of hours and then attempted to go for a coffee but all the coffee shops downtown were closed. We decided to call it a night even though it was still early. No good night kiss, but I did get a hug and an offer for a second date.

Anyway, he seems like a sweet, normal guy, but I’m still keeping my guard up. Although he is very attractive, I didn’t feel a “I wanna jump ya” kind of attraction, but anytime I’ve had that feeling, the guys were always creeps so I guess that’s good. He’s also one of the few people I’ve met who can rival me in Acadian culture knowledge, which lead to some interesting conversations about our culture.

I keep looking for scary cues from previous relationships and it’s driving me nuts! Is he too needy? Is he materialistic? Is he self-confident? Does he have a strong sense of self? Single words can send me spiraling into doubt. Gah! Why can’t I turn my brain off.

Right now we are trying to find a suitable time slot for a second date. Our schedules seem to be conflicting because of holiday parties and exams. Grrr.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! Glad the date went well :) Cute ornament too!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it went well. Take it easy and enjoy yourself! No need to analyze every little detail... relax!