Saturday, December 29, 2007

Another update

I was in the middle of writing a post Christmas Eve about my glorious day off when I was called into work. Bah! So if you haven’t had an update on my life you can blame Cora’s. :-)

So here is a quick recap of my life in the last 10 days

Work. Work.
It seems it’s all I’ve been doing lately. I finished my exams, had two days off and since then have only had Christmas off. At least the tips are pretty sweet this time of year. It looks like I’ll be getting a few days off next week. Gah! I soooo need it

The Holly-Days
I officially boycotted Christmas Eve. There aren’t any major family activities on Christmas Eve and since I got called into work I ended up cleaning and getting ready for Christmas day activities instead of going to visit anyone. I know, it sounds horrible, but I was so much happier to be in my PJs, getting ready for the big day than doing the rounds and feeling stressed about the work that needed to be done at work.

Family Ties
I hosted the Christmas dinner and I have to say it went swimmingly! There weren’t any hissy fits or crying spells or even any guilt trips. I swear, it’s like it wasn’t even Christmas! Mystery airport guy came over for dessert and got to meet the family. He passed the family test with flying colours… everyone loved him. As well, he appears to have come ahead in a comparison chart with previous boys I’ve brought home, so things look good.

Mystery Airport Guy
Things are still going well. We’ve been dating for almost a month now and I can’t complain. I’m still very hesitant, but I’ll stay on for the ride as long as he makes me happy. He really is a sweetheart and actually bought me the Buffy season 3 box set at a boxing-day sale because he knew I wanted it and wouldn’t be able to get it because I was working. Seasons 1, 2 and 3 where on sale for $15!!! Craziness! Oh! And I also bought seasons 5 and 7 because they were on super sale right before Christmas. Now I’m only missing seasons 4 and 6. Wheeeee! Oh yeah, back to mystery airport guy. Like I’ve said, I’m still hesitant, but trying not to analyse everything. I’ve avoided adding his phone number to my contacts list for fear that it might jinx things. :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad things are going well all around for you. Hosting the family dinner is daunting, but glad to hear things went swimmingly!

Anonymous said...

"As well, he appears to have come ahead in a comparison chart with previous boys I’ve brought home, so things look good."

Bah you know your family likes me way more :P

Glad to hear things are going great. Talk to you soon.

Kevin

Changa said...

Hah! Technically, I never brought you home so you don't count! :-P