Thursday, June 26, 2008

Light Summer Read

I picked up a nice book to read over the summer months: Human Anatomy and Physiology. Since it's been 15 years since I did this class and have the follow-up class in the Fall I figured I'd brush up on the subject. I was sure I had kept my original course manual, but can't seem to find it, so I picked up a copy at the University Library. The book is almost 1,500 pages and weighs 9 pounds (yes I'm a nerd... I weighed it).

I started reading last night and am surprised at how much I remember! Biology was my favourite subject and lots of it just stuck. It's amazing how much information the brain retains when you're actually interested in the subject matter. The comparison between the math I remember and the biology I remember is astonishing.

No comments: