Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pupster

For the past few weeks I’ve been on the lookout for the perfect dog. I’ve wanted a dog for a long time now but I thought I would put it off until I graduate. Well, I’ve decided I’m tired of putting my life on hold! I can’t seem to find a boyfriend, I can’t have kids right now – I should at least be able to have a furry friend!

I’ve talked to two of my three roommates and they are fine with the idea. The only reason I haven’t talked to the third one is because I haven’t seen her (she’s the one I refer too as the ghost).

I’ve been actively searching kijiji, pet finder, classifieds and local shelters. I had found one potential pup but the owner wanted 300$ for an adult mixed breed that is not spayed (which is an additional 200$ - 350$). I think that’s a bit ridiculous. I find it amazing that so many people can get away with charging 250$ to $700 for mixed breed dogs! Plus, so may of them are not spayed or neutered… I think that’s just plain irresponsible if you’re not a breeder.

So my search continues. I saw a cutie-pie at the SPCA on Monday but he wasn’t available for adoption yet. When I went back last night my little guy was gone. He must just have been a lost puppy and his owner claimed him. Oh well. The search continues.

No comments: