Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What happened to my dance?

Two minutes ago I was doing a happy dance... so why am I tearing up at my desk?

I emailed my sister to tell her the great news and called my Mom. Both were thrilled! I asked my sister if she wanted to meet for dinner to celebrate but she reminded me that she had to leave town for work. No biggie. I was about to call my Mom when I remembered she already had plans for dinner.

So here’s where the tears come in… I realised there was no one else I could celebrate with. How incredibly sad that because my sister has a life, my only back-up was my Mom?! That’s seriously depressing. :-(

I think I’m neurotic. For the last 2 years I’ve been either:
a) working full-time, training for a marathon and raising money for diabetes
b) working full-time, teaching learn to run clinics and training for a half-marathon
c) working full-time and working part-time
d) studying full-time and working part-time
or
e) working full-time and studying part-time.

Now that I’ve had “nothing to do” for a whole 2 days, I’ve realised I have no friends and am completely bored. I don’t know what is more depressing; the fact that I don’t have anyone I can share my joy with or the fact that I can’t let myself relax for than 48 hours.

So now I either have to learn how to relax or go on the hunt for a new activity/friend/hobby/volunteer opportunity.

No comments: