Monday, June 30, 2008

You’re Just Not the One

I met with Molly on Saturday. She’s the Bichon Frisee with the proper do. Although she was really hyper, she was also very sweet and cute. When I asked about her routine... i.e. how often was she walked, the girl looked at me with a puzzled look and responded, "Oh, I don’t walk her". This would explain the super hyperness.

Since she was already spayed and came with all her "toys", she was only slightly more than I wanted to pay. I debated about it, did some calculations and looked at my options. In theory, she was only about $150 more than a dog from the SPCA.

In the end, I asked myself the following question: "When I saw her, was I absolutely in love with her?" And the answer was no. Therefore I decided not to take her. A dog is a long-term commitment lasting longer than many marriages and I really don’t want to get a dog just because the price is right.

I’m following up on another lead in Halifax. This time it’s for a 2 year old female shih tzu. I’ll keep you posted.

No comments: