Monday, December 29, 2008

Ring-a-ding-ding

I just realised I never posted about my new ring… although it’s a few months old now.

I’d been looking for a ring for a long time now... probably 3 to 4 years. I know this is going to sound silly, but I wanted something personal that would always remind me to never let go of my dreams and that I'm the only one who can make them come true. Like, not needing a man to "complete" me and therefore holding out for the right guy, going back to school, etc. I also wanted to have an inspirational phrase engraved inside.


I finally found it back in the Summer. It's called a Celtic Warrior Shield Ring and is meant for warrior/survivors which I think makes the ring even more symbolic. It was ordered from Ireland and took forever to get here! I also had it inscribed with the following Gaelic phrase: Anso táim sona, which means, Here I am happy.

Now I feel like She-Ra… or maybe it was He-Man… which one had the ring?

Anyway, I’m so happy to finally have it. Here are some pictures.





And the inscription:

No comments: