Thursday, May 28, 2009

Do these ex-in-laws make me look fat?

My Mom ran into my ex-fiance’s parents this week. When my ex’s fathered inquired about me he had the gall to ask; “did she get fat again?" I’m freakin’ serious. This, from a man who looks 9 months pregnant, his beer belly is so large! The “fat” period he is referring too is when I was about a size 14. He had even asked his son if he really wanted to marry a fat girl.

I'm so glad I have nothing to do with him anymore. He has no clue how much of a negative influence he was on our relationship. I really hope he doesn't influence my ex's current (or future) relationships.

They say you date the person and not the family, but I still believe your partner's family can have a huge impact on your relationship.

In other news - I'm meeting Mr. Perfect's family this weekend. Let's hope they aren't quacks like my ex's parents!

No comments: