Sunday, March 18, 2012

Divide and Conquer

Yesterday morning we got our daily fertility report and we found out that all 4 eggs had been fertilised! This is amazing news! The reason why you want lots of eggs is because you lose so many at every stage of the process. Having all the eggs retrieved fertilised is awesome! Today’s fertility report is just as wonderful. We have two 2-cell embryos and two 4-cell embryos! According to our nurse, they should all be between 2 and 4 cells on day 2 so it sounds like we’re still doing great. We haven’t lost one yet and that’s the best news ever! We are scheduled to have them (hopefully two of them) transferred back into me tomorrow at 12:15. We all the disappointment last week, I’m so happy we have some little fighters on our hands. So far this is what they look like: 2-cell embryo
4-ell embryo
And tomorrow they should look like this:
As for me, I’m feeling pretty crappy. :-( The pain has subsided, only to be replaced with tummy issues. At least my crappy feelings keep me from worrying about my embryos – so that’s good! I’ve been shockingly calm all weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for a great fert report!! Good luck with ET today - FX at least one of those lil guys settles in for the long haul.

Are you freezing the remaining two if they're good candidates?

Changa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Changa said...

Absolutely!! In a perfect scenario we would have some to freeze as back-up or for number 2.