Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Trigger Time

We've decided to go ahead with the egg retrieval. Yesterday's E2 level was only 642 so they had me stimmulate my ovaries one more day. This morning my E2 is 907... which is still very much on the low end, but we're moving ahead. We had 4 potential follicles measuring from 17.4 mm to 20.9 mm this morning.

Tonight I take my LAST injection to trigger ovulation and we'll be doing the ER on Friday morning.

I thought I would be over the moon excited when it would come time to trigger but I can't help but feel sad. This cycle just isn't what I expected it to be. It's just such a dissapointement when you look at the statistics of conceiving when you have a dozen eggs to retrieve that when you only have a few, you know the odds are stacked against you. I also feel a little bit like a failure... like I wasn't "able" to produce enough eggs. I know it's not my fault, it's the medication they prescribed me that didn't work as well... but it's hard not to blame yourself.

If I were a vegas card game, people wouldn't be betting on me, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Tammi Hayne said...

Thinking of you this morning.
Hugs.