Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The IVF Rollercoaster Blows!

I'm having a rough morning. We just got back from my ultrasound and bloodwork and it's not looking great.  Of my 3 potential follicles on the right, one is around 19 mm and one is around 17 mm... the other one has stopped growing. Of my 2 potential follicles on the left, one is at 17 mm and the other is on the lower side, but I can't remember the number. I'm so dissapointed. :-(

I'm on cycle day10 (CD10) and in a standard IVF cycle I would be done and ready to trigger ovulation, but I'm nowhere near ready! We're hoping we can continue stimulating (injections) for another day or two, but it'll depend on my E2 and my progesterone levels. They want the numbers to go up, but they don't want me to ovulate on my own. It' all very complicated. Sunday my E2 had progresed nicely to 364 and I was so happy, but now things have stalled. The doctor said we might have to make the decision to cancel the cycle depending on my levels. We can do the egg retrieval (ER) with a potential of 3 eggs, but the odds of having anything to transfer aren't good. The other option she gave us is to trigger ovulation and convert our cycle to an IUI. Our odds of an IUI working are slim to none, but at least we wouldn't waste all the stimmulating I've done in the last month.  It would however, mean we could get about 65% of our investement back and have that money available for another cycle. If money weren't an issue, we would just keep going and get what we would get. Unfortuneately I'm not Celine Dion (and thank God cause she's a bit of a bitch.... did I every tell you she pushed me when I was little... but that's another story), so money is an issue.

I have to go in for a 12 hour shift at 10:30 and we have this big decision looming over our heads. The IVF rollercoaster sucks. :-(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh man :( I'm so sorry things aren't going so well.. *HUG*