Monday, May 7, 2007

Catering: the Good and the Not so Good

GOOD: The food... Oh my God the food! At every shift we get a meal which is whatever the guests are eating... including desert. The food is so good! Yesterday we had all kinds of Italian food and 4 different cheese cakes!

NOT SO GOOD: The food... I swear I'm going to gain like 20 pounds!



GOOD: The people... you get to chat and be a part of someone's fun experience. It’s quite fun to observe someone else’s celebration. You kinda feel like you are also a part of it.

NOT SO GOOD: The people... waiting around for Mr McDrunky to go home at the end of the night so you can clean up isn't so fun.

GOOD: The co-workers... I work with a bunch of University kids and all I can say is they make me smile! Yesterday, two of them were hung-over from partying until the wee hours the night before. It made me laugh because I remember being there at one point. They all seem very intrigued by me. They can't believe I'm 31 and not married and don't have kids. Like, Oh My God! I told them I was recently out of an 8 year relationship (so it’s been over three years… they don’t need to know that). Of course, heartache and drama is something they understand quite well and were very sympathetic. That's when one 19 year old who had been showing me "the ropes" said. Don’t worry about it. You found a good job to meet people. You can totally pick up here. Last year, I had like 24 year olds hitting on me at weddings and I was like 18 at the time. You’re like totally going to find a man here. Tee Hee. I adore their youthful exuberance! Remember when numbers meant how many guys you had made-out with and didn’t refer to the numbers on your most recent bill? Ah good times. Good times. This is going to be an interesting summer. If nothing else, I can live vicariously through the partying lives of my co-workers and reminisce.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun job! Enjoy!