Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Running because I need to run

Yesterday, after I ran with my clinic members, I went out for an extra run just because I needed it. It’s been a while since I ran because I needed to run. It feels good to run without having to complete a certain distance or time and without having to think about anyone else but me. The last time I ran because I needed to run was right before I left for Hawaii when my stress was getting the best of me.

Yesterday had just been a horrible day!
1. It all started when I forgot my coffee at home on the counter
2. I forgot my monthly parking pass which I had just bought the day before
3. I sent out a newsletter by email to about 500 people and 355 of them bounced back
4. Said email kept crashing my computer
5. People kept calling me and emailing me telling me they either couldn’t open my email or they received 5 copies of my email or could I send them a quote for such and such insurance package (wah?)
6. I spent my lunch hour on the phone with IT trying to figure out the problem
7. My Realtor called me and the first words out of her month were: are you sitting down?
8. The inspector hadn’t been able to get into the attic last Friday so he went yesterday. Turns out there is light seeping through the roof. Great. After some negotiating the owners agreed to have it fixed before closing (phew)
9. I get to my car and I had a parking ticket

If there was a day I needed to run, yesterday was it! I’m feeling much better today and hopefully I’ll have better luck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

holy crap, what a day indeed! Glad the owners are going to fix up the roof, and that you were able to get out and run and feel better.

Take care, and hope the rest of the week is without incident!