Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I’m 33 and not much different

I just realized I haven’t updated since my birthday! As predicted, I did turn 33… apparently you can’t get around that one. It was a fairly calm birthday which included lots of birthday greetings, a couple of new uniforms from my mom, a lovely family diner and cake at my sister’s (on Sunday) and quiet diner for two with Mr. Maybe. We went out for diner for my birthday, nothing fancy, but I was glad he acknowledged it.

On Saturday we wished each other Happy Valentine’s Day, but decided we didn’t want to recognize the holiday created to depress single people and stress out couples. We did go out, but we didn’t go crazy with gifts, cards and fancy diners. Instead we went for a long 2-hour walk at a local park, played a few games of pool and finally tried to warm ourselves up with hot tea back at his place. It was freezing on Saturday!

This week, I’m enjoying the absence of exams. Speaking of, I got most of my results back. Classes in which I got A’s last semester, I got B’s, where as classes I usually got B’s, I ended up with Cs’. Meh. I know it reflects the effort I put into them… which wasn’t to my full potential. I’m ok with my results, but I know I can do better. Next time I will.

No comments: