Saturday, February 7, 2009

This makes me all kinds of nervous

I’ve met Mr. Maybe’s friends twice. He has yet to meet any of mine. For weeks now I’ve been trying to think of a situation where he could me someone of importance to me, without making it seem like an elaborate plan to “meet the friends” or “meet the family”. Well, tonight might be the night. My usual way of easing a new guy into the family/friend situation is a Saturday night of playing cards with my sister and her husband. Since my sister is both my best friend and my family, it’s a good starting point. So, I’ve thrown the idea to my sister who is up for the challenge and have sent him an email asking if he likes playing cards. Now I wait.

I have no idea what his response will be. I don’t see him has a card playing type of guy, but then again, he has surprised me in the past. I don’t think I’ve ever been this nervous about introducing a guy to friends or family. Maybe it’s because I actually care about this one? I can usually imagine how the interactions will go, but with this one, I’m clueless! He’s a pretty quiet guy, but I wouldn’t call him shy. Conversation has always been pretty easy between us, but I have no idea how he is with new people. I honestly have no idea if my sister and brother-in-law will like him. :-S I guess I just have to take the plunge at some point, right?

Edited to add
: I guess it's a go! My sis and bro-in-law get to meet Mr. Maybe! EEEEEKKK!

...

No comments: