Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Someone up there wants me to buckle down

It appears the Gods have schemed to get me to work on this damn project. I have a project due on Friday and I’ve been putting it off. Essentially it’s a dissertation on my family’s health and the effects various diseases have had on our emotional well-being and family dynamics. Frack. Have you seen my family? They’re a virtual Stedman’s Medical Dictionary! Plus, whereas most 20 year old students have a Mom, Dad and maybe a sibling living under one roof, I have a multitude of family groupings, each with their own dynamics. Ugh. You can see why I’ve been putting it off.

Since I’m in clinicals Thursday and Friday, I really had to have the bulk of it done by yesterday. As you might have guessed from my post... I’m not done yet. So far I’ve had many lucky breaks. Monday’s storm meant I had an entire day to focus on the project, yesterday my one class was cut short by an hour and today I get a free pass for my clinical research. Usually on Wednesday I have hours of prep work to do for the next day's clinical. However, my patient will only be admitted for surgery tomorrow morning, which means I can’t do anything until tomorrow night.

I really don’t have any excuse left – this project ends tonight.


...

No comments: