Sunday, February 1, 2009

Updates All Around

School
• Things are going really well with school, although I had a lot of trouble getting back into the swing of things in January. I think I was still spent from my first semester. With exams starting next week I have no choice but to get swinging!
• I’m loving my practicum! I feel like I’m learning so much and am slowly building my confidence.

Work
• I’m only working one day a week at the restaurant but it’s still too much. When I wish upon a star, I imagine I didn’t have to work while studying. *sigh*… one can always dream, I guess.

Home
• I currently only have two roommates and although I miss the extra money of a third roommie, it’s a thousand times better. I have a couple living with me and I have to say, they’ve been great. They are really quiet and so far the guy has shoveled the entire driveway every time it’s snowed! As a bonus, I have yet to be woken up to the sounds of loud sex coming from the next room.

Pacha
• Still adorable as ever. Here’s a picture of her on Christmas day (hence the bows) with the new collar I made her.



The Boy

• I’m still seeing the same guy. I guess we’re approaching the 3-month mark.
• A few weeks ago we decided we weren’t dating other people, so I guess that would make us exclusive.
• Around the same time, I had also come to the conclusion that I didn’t think he was Mr. Right, but that I was perfectly content with Mr. Right Now. I might have to go back on that… I’m NOT saying he’s Mr. Right, but I’m not sure I can count him out just yet. I don’t know… the last few times we were together there was just something there. I’m proceeding with caution.

...

1 comment:

Irene said...

Sometime you need to just let it be Mr. Right Now before you can get to Mr. Right. No harm in taking your time. Long-term relationships are a huge commitment, and it's better to continue to take things slow.

I didn't realise that Mr. Right Now was Mr. Right until a year into the relationship. The trigger strangely enough was someone else announcing her engagement, and me having an epiphany that I wasn't scared about marriage any longer. Sadly, the said person is now divorced, but happily, we're 6.5 years strong into our marriage with bebe on the way. :)