Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

It’s my birthday today and for the first time in my life I feel old. I realise 32 really isn’t that old, but I also realise I can easily be referred to as 30-something or mid-thrities. It feels really weird.

Anyway, enough with the self-pitying!

I woke up today to find that a mystery shoveling fairy cleared the snow behind my car. I was quite excited about this… but the mystery shoveler also pushed all the snow from my side of the driveway to my roommate’s side of the driveway. OOPS. Since my roommate was out of town today it wasn’t so much of a problem for the morning. However, during the day, the pile of snow turned into blocks of ice. Ugh. I shoveled for a good two hours trying to clear her side. The driveway still isn’t completely done and I’m praying said roommate won’t be home tonight. I just can’t shovel anymore! :-(

Yesterday my Mom had a family dinner at her place for my birthday. It was a nice supper but the best part was the dessert: a chocolate buffet complete with chocolate candies, chocolate cake, chocolate brownies and chocolate milk! YUM! Of course my niece and nephews thought the idea was fantastic.

My 10-year old nephew Sébastien also gave me a wonderful gift. Since my sister had already given me my birthday gift (a giant shovel I had requested), this gift was specifically from Sébastien. He had chosen it especially for me because he just knew I would absolutely love it. What was this wonderful gift? A Koopa Troopa of course! :-) For those of you who are not 10-year old boys, Koopa Troopa is the Super Mario character seen below.

My nephew loves his Gamecube, as all little boys do, and sometimes I'll play a game or two with him. A year ago or so we were playing Super Mario Kart when Seb asked me who my favourite character was. I told him it was the green turtle-like thing to which he proudly said, Koopa Troopa! Since then, every time we see a Koopa he points them out to me (since they are my favourite). Well, apparently he had seen my Koopa Troopa back in November and told his mother; “ Oh Mommy, we absolutely have to get that Koopa Troopa for Danielle! She would so love it!” My sister told him maybe for Christmas hoping he would forget about it. After Christmas they saw the Koopa again, and, again he asked if he could buy it for me. As she did the last time she told him he could buy it for my birthday hoping he would forget. Well, he didn’t forget! So off they went to Gamezilla to buy me a birthday Koopa Troopa!

I have to admit, I adore the gift! It has Sébastien written all over it! Here's my Koopa just hanging out on the couch.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday again, and awesome gift!

Anonymous said...

Koopa Troopa
Is way bigger then I expected!!

Kevin