Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snow and I are on OK terms today

For the first time this winter I’m actually not hating the snow. Sure, I’ll have to shovel my little heart out tonight or tomorrow morning, but at least I get a day off! Have I mentioned that Moncton has had 332 cm of snow so far this winter?



Today’s schedule included 2 of the most boring classes evah: my physics pre-lab and my 3-hour physics lab. Blarg! I had been praying all day that school would be cancelled with no such luck. I was checking my email every half-hour for the faithful words but they just didn’t come. Then, just as I was about to leave for class, I checked my email one last time and there were the most glorious words: campus will be closed as of 1:30 PM. SWEET!

I did, however, make a silent prayer to God (or is it the Gods?) that if I didn’t have school I wouldn’t screw around all afternoon but take advantage of the free time to study. I guess that means I should get to it.

One small piece of news before I go – This morning we had a health and education career fair on campus and I attended hoping to get info on summer jobs. One of the recruiting agents at the English hospital almost jumped for joy when I told her I had a communications background and current science/health studies. She took a copy of my resume, jotted down my info and said she would definitely be calling me. I guess that’s good news on the summer job front. Oh, and I also did the initial testing for a placement with the federal government. I guess now we wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wicked wicked news about the potential summer jobs!!

Kevin