Friday, February 15, 2008

Strike It!

It looks like the professors at University will likely go on strike at some point in the next few weeks. My initial reaction to the news was a great big UGH. However, since looking into the matter, it appears my schedule will barely be disrupted. Since part-time profs aren’t under union legislation they are obligated to keep teaching. My physics, math and French profs are all part-time so the strike will not have any effect for these classes. My physics lab and my chemistry class, however, will be cancelled. From what I understand, it won’t be necessary to keep up with class requirements while classes are cancelled – which means overall subject matter will be cut and less information will be taught/tested. This really isn’t a bad thing as neither of the classes is really necessary for my subsequent years in the program.

Plus, I might even be able to pick up an extra shift at the restaurant, as I won’t have any classes on Wednesdays. All in all, it might even be a good thing!

In other news, I kicked ass on my physics exam with an awesome B+!! WAHOO!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh, university strikes are a PITA. I went through one at UManitoba many many moons ago. It was three weeks long, and screwed up most of that school year. Although, we did have a lot of 'term end tests' instead of full out exams, worked in our favor for sure. Regardless, I hope your strike won't last as long, or be as disruptive!

And way to go on the physics exam, btw!!