Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Damn Damp Day

In case you haven’t noticed yet, I like using alliterations. Lame. I know. ☺

The weather around here has been miserable lately. Today we were lucky enough to be treated to high winds combined with a great downpour. Of course, tonight is my practice run with my clinic. The one thing I can say about teaching a clinic is you can never bail out when you don’t feel like running. I could never allow myself to purposely let my group down so I rarely miss a group run.

When I got to the Running Room tonight I was secretly hoping no one would show up. Hoping isn’t really the right word… it was more like pleading to the Gods no one would show up! Well, six of them showed up. I have to say, I was quite impressed by their courage and commitment. Lord knows I wouldn’t have been there if it wasn’t absolutely necessary! We did our run and after we all felt fantastic! It’s not easy to run with the rain coming down so hard you can’t see a thing… but man, do you ever feel like you’ve accomplished something amazing once you’re done!

No comments: