Thursday, April 12, 2007

It’s Crazy Talk… Right?

As you all know I teach a Learn to Run clinic at the local Running Room. On top of this, I’m training for my fourth half-marathon set for mid-May. Of course, there is also my virtual Learn to Run clinic. So today I get an email from the store manager indicating there is no teacher for the 5 km clinic which starts tomorrow night. The girls I taught in my last clinic are all doing the 5 km clinic. The manager isn’t too bright and often waits till the last minute to get an instructor. I don’t want my girls to go without. If there is no instructor I believe the manager does the clinic and quite frankly, I wouldn’t’ wish that on anyone!

So, I’m actually considering taking on the 5 km clinic. As it stands, I run 5 times a week: Tuesday and Thursday with my Learn to Run group, Wednesday I do hill training with my sister and on Sundays I do both a 20 minute run with the Learn to Run group and a long run (12 to 20 km) with my sister. I also do a 5 km run on my own on Saturdays… which, I must admit that I am quite lazy when it comes to my Saturday run and often skip it.



If I was to take on this extra clinic I’d just switch my Saturday run to Friday. As well, I would let the manager know that I am only available to run with the group on Friday nights. He would have to find someone for the two “practice” runs.

Why am I even considering this? 1-my girls would get their clinic and 2-the extra cash would mean one less month of savings for my house.

I like being busy - especially now that I'm single again. Plus, with everything going on right now, being super busy might not be such a bad idea. But is this too busy?

No comments: