Thursday, April 26, 2007

House Hunting - Take 1

My first evening of house hunting went very well. My realtor turned out to be very nice and informative. She told me she bought her first house around my age as she was tired of “waiting for a husband”. Ironically she met her husband a month after she bought her house.

I think it’s nice that I have a realtor who went at it on her own – It makes me feel like she understands my situation more.

I saw five houses last night and two of them had real potential. My favourite is this one:


It’s absolutely cute and so “me”! It’s a one and a half wartime style house with two bedrooms on the second floor, one bedroom/office on the first floor and a large bedroom in the basement (rental potential)

My second choice is this one:


Also very cute, this one is a bungalow with two bedrooms on the main floor. It also has huge income potential. It would be fairly easy to turn the basement in a two bedroom apartment as it already has the bedrooms and the washroom.

I’m going to see some more houses on Saturday and then go from there. I’ll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like some cute houses! Keep us posted after Saturday for sure!

Foxy Renard said...

Oh, they're adorable! My fingers are crossed for you.