Thursday, October 18, 2007

Balance Sheet

My family has recently received some bad news. It’s really just a blip in the road but for reasons I can’t share it must remain a secret for the time being. However, my mother’s reaction to the news sent her into a downward spiral of “why me?” I must point out that it’s not even her issue, but rather a family member’s issue. I don’t want to be the negative person my mother tends to be, so instead of focusing on the bad stuff in my life, I’ve decided to prove that the good stuff outbalances the bad!

My balance sheet will go 15 years back since it’s a nice round number.

The Bad Stuff
1 – My brother’s kidneys failed
2 - My Dad passes away
3 – I am diagnosed with depression
4 – I have a second burnout
5 – My sister has a burnout
6 – My brother separates from his wife
7 – My engagement ends
8 – My nephew is diagnosed with diabetes
9 – My Mom’s boyfriend, Roger, passes away
10 – My brother’s kidneys fail a second time
11 – My brother passes away
12 – The most recent family drama

The Good Stuff
1 - My sister Christine buys a house
2 – My brother gets a kidney transplant and a second chance at life
3 – My sister Christine gets married
4 – My nephew Alex is born
5 – My brother gets married
6 – My nephew Isaac is born
7 – My niece RayLynn is born
8 – My nephew Sébastien is born
9 – My brother buys a house
10 – I get engaged
11 – My mother meets Roger
12 – I buy a house
13 – My sister Suzanne buys her third house, which happens to be the home of her dreams
14 – I finally go back to school – something I had wanted to do for the last 10 years!
15 – My sister Christine is in the process of building a house that will be exactly what she wants

So, current tally – good is in the lead! When you think about it, I only listed the major happy events… if I were to add all the daily happiness in my family’s life it would be insanely positive.

Now all I need to do is convince my Mother!

No comments: