Saturday, October 27, 2007

I had a date!

I went out on a date last night. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, my crazy sister Suzanne gave me her tenants phone number. I called him and we decided to meet for a drink. Things went well. We chatted for three hours or so over a few drinks and then he walked me to my car and gave me a good night kiss on the cheek. All very sweet. I’m not sure if there were fireworks, but then was definitely sizzle. I think we’ll be going out again soon.

Here’s the low-down on the new boy:
- He’s 32, divorced
- He got married at 26 to a woman who already had three kids. He said he fell in love with the kids as much as her, but then realized after a few years they married for the wrong reasons.
- We didn’t get on the subject of kids, but I’m guessing from his previous relationship he wants kids.
- He works in a bank and loves his job. He also works a second part-time job to be able to put some money aside (sound familiar? :-))
- He’s an only child and somewhat close to his parents – but not annoyingly close. Right now he’s helping his Dad build a house (knows how to handle a hammer – bonus!)
- He’s tall (maybe 5’10), dark haired and has a goatee.

I’m looking forward to seeing him again and seeing where things go.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! glad you guys had a good time!

Christie said...

Wheee!!! Keep us updated! :)

Foxy Renard said...

Oohlala, updates are definitely going to be required here.

Changa said...

Not much to update as he never called back. It's cool. It's not like it was love at first sight or anything! It was just nice to be out again. It was also reassuring that, even though I'm surrounded by 17 year-olds, I can still meet nice normal guys my age!