Friday, November 9, 2007

F is for... Freedom?

After finding myself in the math department bathroom sobbing like crazy for the third time this month, I made a decision. I need help with this freakin’ calculus. I need to go back in time and relearn a whole bunch of stuff from high school or I’m never going to get it.

So, after much reflexion I’ve decided to abandon my math class and finish with an F. I just can’t see how it’s humanly possible to pass at this point when I can’t seem to understand any of my homework. Plus, going to see the prof ever other day asking questions and getting answers that leave me bawling in the bathroom is just not working. I’m simply missing too much of the basics.



For the next two months I will be doing my best to relearn grade 12 math. I’ve got several of my father’s old books and have started studying during the time I had reserved for my university calculus class.

This means I might not be eligible for the radiology program in September 2008. It hurts me to think I might have to add on another year because of one stupid class, but such is life. I’ll be re-taking my current math class in January and will do the second required math class in the spring. There is still a chance I’ll be able to apply for the program, but I won’t know for sure until I meet with the Program Director next week. Whatever the outcome may be, I’m ready to accept it and deal with the consequences when they arrive. Like they say; Everything happens for a reason, right?

1 comment:

Irene said...

It's frustrating I know, but you've got the right attitude. Hang in there! Hopefully the program director can give you other options.