Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Good God! 23%?

I’m still in shock over my math exam results: 23... and yes, that was on a 100! Even if it had been out of 50 it would still suck. Hah! At first it was laughable… ridiculous almost. I’ve never scored so low in my life! Now, panic has started to set in. I need to score an 80 on the final to pass. Ugh. An 80! It just seems unattainable. :-( Over the last few days I’ve been going through so many emotions: sadness, panic, frustration. If I don’t pass I don’t know if I can still make up the class in the spring and still get into Radiology. If I can’t it means an extra year. You know what’s silly? The reason the extra year worries me is not because of the extra cost or the extra time studying… it’s because I’ll be 35 when I graduate which means, I can’t get pregnant until I’m 36 because I want to get at least a year in before I go on maternity leave… which means I wouldn’t have my first child until I’m 37 and that doesn’t leave much room to have a second child. Isn’t it the silliest thing ever? I don’t even have a boyfriend! I’ve barely had a date in the last year! Yet, this is what I obsess about. So, between my panic and worry, I try to let go and have faith that it is all going to work out.

Anyway, I'm meeting with the program director in a few weeks (it was the earliest he could meet with me) to review my credits and to see what my options would be should I not pass math. One positive thing, he and his secretary both remembered me from my meeting last summer and were both glad to see I had joined the program.

No comments: