Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Interview!

I just got the letter I have been waiting for: you are invited to an interview Thursday May 22 at 8:30 am. Wheeeeee!

Now I get the chance to wow them so much that they will forget how dumb I am. :-) It’s such a relief. I realise it’s still a long shot, but at least it means I’m still in the game.

I called my mother to tell her the good news and this was our conversation:

Me: Mom! I got my interview! It’s on May 22.

Mom: That’s the same day as my colonoscopy

Me: urr... ok

Mom: Well, they wanted me to go in on May 12 but I told them it was the day after mother’s day and I couldn’t possibly do that. I mean, I know my kids likely won’t do anything for me, but still, it’s mother’s day. That’s why they scheduled me for the 22nd.

Me: ummm... sure

Mom: Well, I better get going I have things to do

*sigh* I can tell she’s really excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!
Congrats on the interview!!

Your mom.. sigh.. what can ya do.

See you soon.

Kevin

Unknown said...

Good luck with your interview!! (and you're NOT dumb... )