Tuesday, March 6, 2007

It’s not like I quit… right?

I’ve decided to abandon my half-marathon clinic. That isn’t to say that I am no longer training for the Bluenose Half-Marathon in Halifax! I’m just not going to the weekly Running Room clinic. The reason I joined the clinic was to meet new runners and hopefully find some running partners. However, since the slow group decided they didn’t want to be slow and therefore all the really slow runners quit, I ran most weeks alone. Running along when you’ve paid to run with other people really defeats the purpose. So I asked if I could have my clinic transferred to the fall and my request was granted. Like I said, I’m still training and following the program, so it’s not like I actually quit!

Since I can’t seem to function unless I’m in overdrive, I’ve decided to take on another clinic! A few days after my Women’s Only clinic finishes I’ll be starting a Learn to Run clinic with a new group. I’m really looking forward to it as well. I’ve also wrangled up some help from both my sister and the boy. Both of them will be group leaders so I think that will be even more fun! However, I know I’ll miss my current group of women… I’m so proud of them! They will be running their first 5 km race in a week and a half and I can’t wait!

No comments: