Monday, March 26, 2007

Ouch.

I’ve finally realise the usefulness the Stress/Rest technique encouraged by the Running Room. Basically, Stress/Rest means you push your body one day and then rest or do a lighter work-out the next day. For instance, Sundays are usually my LSD (Long slow distance) day where I run a long distance at a slower pace. This is considered a stress day because of the distance covered. Mondays are generally supposed to by a day off – rest day. Wednesdays are often hill training days (stress) while Thursdays are usually reserved for a short and slow steady run (rest).

Since I’ve been teaching a clinic on Mondays, my stress/rest days have been pretty screwed up. The last weekend wasn’t an exception! I did my LSD run on Saturday instead of the usual Sunday. The 14 km route was the longest distance I’ve run since December so it was definitely a stress day. Yesterday I did a 5 km race with my clinic group. Normally 5 km isn’t a big stress on my body, but on race day, you tend to push your body to the limit – which is what I did. Today, all my muscles are aching. Even my neck and head hurt. The worst of it is, I’m supposed to run again tonight! I’m looking forward to resting my body for a couple of days before my new clinic starts on Thursday.

No comments: