Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Apparently I’m stressed.

I decided to tap into my EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and talk to someone to help me manage all my emotions these days. Mostly, I don’t want to take someone’s head off, which I feel I could do at any time these days.

The session went really well. Most of the discussion centered around the stress I currently have in my life. The counsellor made me do the Holmes-Rahe Stress Rating Questionnaire. According to the scale, if you have a normal amount of stress you should score around 150. If your score is above 200 you should be a little concerned. If your score is above 300 you have an 80% chance of becoming ill in the next year. I scored 397! Today I found a copy of the test online and did it again because I forgot to add a few things and my total is now 459!!! Holy Crap! I really hadn't realised I was under so much stress! I mean, I knew things had been rough in the last year but I didn't realise that things like changes in eating habits, changes in lifestyle (i.e. training for marathon), changes in social situation, moving were also stressors. Add that to stressors like death in the family, illness, buying a house, changing jobs, not enjoying my work and you have a recipe for disaster. I guess it explains why I’ve been feeling so crappy lately!

So now I need to figure out something to do to relieve some stress.



Wanna know if you are stressed? Check it out:
Click Here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.