Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Pravus strikes again

If you don't know who Pravus is, that means you missed the post called: How Changa really feels. It was only posted for a 24 hour period and was a brief look into my many frustrations. Among these frustrations is a person I refer to as Pravus. Pravus is Latin for evil. Since I would rather not say her name... mostly because it disgusts me to do so, I'll just keep calling her Pravus. Don't worry; if you missed the post, I'm sure you'll be able to connect the dots.

So after telling my mother off a few days before my brother's funeral, Pravus acted like nothing happened and was even semi-nice to my mother. I mean, she was still an evil bitch, but she wasn't telling anyone off, so it was manageable. Since then, Pravus and my mother have been in communication frequently and you could say she even cried on my mother's shoulder once or twice.

Side story: my mom has a table in her living room on which she has each of my sisters' wedding pictures and even had my engagement picture once upon a time. My brother got married 12 years ago and although my mother asked for a wedding picture over and over again, she never received one. Therefore, my brother's wedding picture was never on the table. Of course, since he had been separated for the last 5 years, it was obviously not the time to add a picture.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled program: So last Monday was my mother's birthday. As I'm walking out of the house that evening, Pravus shows up with a gift. I'm surprised because I don't think she ever bought a gift for my mother in the past. When I get home later that evening, my mother is crying. Pravus gave her a little wooden angel (she collects them) and a wedding picture of her and my brother. What the fuck? Why the hell would she give my mother a wedding picture NOW!?

Since Pravus claims stake to all of my brother's worldly possessions, the task of emptying his apartment was left to her. However, my mother (being the person she is) offered to help clean out the apartment to which Pravus agreed. Since Pravus has said repeatedly she only wanted what is hers (which we still don’t know what the hell she is talking about), I think my Mom went there prepared to bring home some of my brother's stuff. She expected the place to be cluttered and disorganised - I mean, she was going there to help clean. When she got there, Pravus had pretty much cleared up everything. She told my mother she was taking everything. My mom asked for the microwave as it had been a gift and Pravus said she needed it. (Another side-note: Pravus is 40-something and lives with her parents) Pravus claimed that the microwave she has had in storage for the last 5 years was dropped and broken and she now needed this new one. To any other request my mother made, Pravus responded: RayLynn wants it. Yeah, freakin' right! My mother also asked if she could have three of my brother's car models. Car models were his passion and he had well over a 100. She told her she wasn't sure she had enough, BAH!!! My mom thinks she is gearing up to sell them at a car model fair this Fall. The kicker was when my mother asked to have back the Christmas ornaments she had given to my brother over years. Pravus shoved her hand in a box, grabbed a random toy solider and said: here, you can have this. GAH! It's almost like she asked my Mom to come over to twist this huge knife in her back. What the hell is wrong with that woman!

Of course, my mother arrived at my sister's place crying (I was at my sister's place helping out). I can't seem to be able to do anything when it comes to Pravus... quite frankly I have to walk away or else I'm afraid I'll explode. The sad part is, I likely won't explode in Pravus' face... it's going to be my Mom who gets the brunt of my anger. Grrr. I HATE PRAVUS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Oh D, what a sin. So sorry your mom's still putting up with Prauvs' shite...